Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekly Wishes


Good morning good morning to all!

How are you today? Let me tell you, I'm pumped.  Most of all because I'm having a truly fantastic cup of tea right now, which is just the right temperature to sip through those two little black "straws" which are really stirrers and make funny squeaking noises.  Man.

The simple pleasures! Am I right? I'm right.

Second of all (reasons why I am pumped) is because it is Friday, the last Friday in August and that means, hopefully, please Lord God, that it will start cooling down in this deeply, humidly hot state of Tex-hot.

Third of all, I am wearing my sparkly-collared shirt, of which I don't have a picture (yet).  It catches the light and makes the crisp paper-colored walls look like they have little disco spots on them.  Also it makes me feel like a cowgirl.  R to the a-d.

In any case, here we are, Friday again, hurrah!

Instead of linking with Jen today for 7 Quick Takes, I will be updating my Weekly Wishes.  Come back around next week for 7 Quick Takes.  You bet your buns I will be packing twice as much Quick Takes goodness in there, and you will not be disappointado.

Weekly Wishes is a link-up with Melyssa of The Nectar Collective, where she and a whole bunch of other wonderful bloggers list goals or challenges they'd like to accomplish in the next week/year/month/millennium/etc.  Join one, join all.  It's a fun way to keep track of where you're going and where you've been.  So here we go, coming in at the tail end of this week, am I:

The Nectar Collective

How things went last week: With the exception of one evening, I was in bed before 10:45pm each night.  I am uber proud of myself.  It's not the 10-10:15pm I had been hoping for, but aiming in that general direction got me where I needed to be, and hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.  I feel more grown-up already.  Next up, my cards - I got the majority of them out, and if we're being totally honest here (as we are on Lonestarch), those are probably the only ones that will get themselves out there in the universe, but they're the ones that were supposed to go.  Lastly, my sewing machine was a smashing success.  I can now retire.  I made three cat toys for Sheba using an old dish towel and she loves them.  Expect a whoooole blog post on that.

My goals for this week:
  • Make and eat good food, and get some sleep.
    • This weekend is Labor Day, followed by the first half of the High Holy Days, and I hope to make the most of the opportunity to enjoy being around family and being able to make delicious, delicious foods (and sit on the couch in a miniature food-coma).
  • More dance parties and music.
    • I'm all for silence and sitting with your own thoughts (one day I'll have to tell you about that time I went on a week-long silent retreat).  That being said, my Russian-speaking friend from work gave me some music this week that I predict will bring lots of happiness to my mornings, and I would like to take advantage of that opportunity, too.
  • Take stock of where I'm at for the New Year.
    •  On a more personal note, I like to take a bit of time to reflect on the past year - the kinds of choices I've made, how I've responded to certain situations - and what ways I can improve myself or abstain from poor choices and see how I've grown (or, you know, in some cases, not).  A little bit of cheshbon hanefesh, an accounting of the soul, for the month of Elul.  I started making an actual list last year in a journal, and I'm looking forward to checking that out.
And that's it! Congratulations, you made it to the end.  Go eat something sweet.

:)
Follow on Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!