Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Here we go! Linking with Jen:


  • Taylor Swift and Carly Simon singing "You're So Vain" together.  Thank you, Birchbox Blog, for bringing this into my life.  Need I say more?

  • This scene from "Orange Is the New Black," a new show on Netflix about a white woman from CT who ends up in prison on drug charges - it's really about all of the women in that prison, and it's smart and funny and honest.

  • I'd like to give a shout-out to DART, the public transportation system in Dallas.  I took two buses to the Drivers License Center this week and then three buses back to work on routes I'd never been on before and the buses were clean, air-conditioned, on time, and the drivers were helpful and polite.  With the exception of one girl on the bus at 6:30 in the morning who was yelling about cutting people who made faces at her, it was not bad.

  • I recently discovered art.com, where you can find paintings, photographs, and canvas prints you love and print them out.  My grandmother had a copy of a Modigliani hanging in her apartment when I was little, and since I figured I might as well make this place homey (finally), I've been looking at different prints I like.  The one at up at the top, called Gypsy Woman With Baby, is a favorite, plus I really love Brian Kershisnik's work, though most of it is too expensive for me right now (I like this one).

  • Did anybody hear what Pope Francis said this week? The more I find out about him, the more he seems like an interesting man, and I'm looking forward to following his papal reign.

  • Sheba's newest favorite activity is carrying out vicious assaults on my feet, toes, ankles and heels and then...licking where her teeth and claws ripped into my flesh.  Delightful and charming.  Not sure where she got that one from.  Also I really need to invest in a pair of cat nail clippers, otherwise my feet won't survive.

  • Still reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - slow going, but I'm finding it soothing.  The children really seem horrible - why do adult children always seem horrible? - but I'm only halfway through it.  More to come when I'm finished with it.
Happy weekend!
Follow on Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!