Monday, January 12, 2015

It's Monday: What Are You Reading?

Hello again! Happy Monday.  After an absolutely insane past few weeks, I'm looking forward to a more contained, regular-paced week.   Maybe some more time for reading? I hope so.  I've been reading at times I'd otherwise be floating around the internet or watching Netflix, and I hope I keep that up.  I really, really enjoyed participating in Bout of Books last week, and I'll have a separate post coming to sum up all of my thoughts on it.  In short, I'm so glad I decided to do it.  Let's get to it - what are you reading?!

Short things to start with:

An article that peeks into the ballet world at a time when things are changing.

Penguins playing games on an iPad!

Looking at new blog templates, since I've noticed a few issues (sorry if you have, too!)

I love this article by Alison of The Alison Show.


Books:















Still working on Jhumpa Lahiri's The Lowland, which so far I'm loving.  Each time I open the book, I don't want to stop reading.  My goal for this one for the Bout of Books was to get to the midway point, and I'm glad I did.  The next section opens up with a completely different set of characters, so it was a good place to stop.

During Bout of Books, I started listening to The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton.  I was going to go for a jog and decided to listen to an audiobook instead of nothing at all. Good choice! The narrator has been spot-on, and I love the different characters.  I'm trying to find more time when I can listen to this one.

I'm very much taking the slow-and-steady route with Civilization: The West and the Rest by Niall Ferguson.  I've been trying to pick up or continue more nonfiction and enjoy his writing style, but had a hard time getting through page after page of statistics about rifles...

How was your weekend? What are you reading this week?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!