Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bout of Books Round 12

I thought I should really post this as "Bout of Books Round 1" since it's my first time entering the ring, so to speak, but it's technically the twelfth time the wonderful women of the Bout of Books blog have been hosting.  Twelve times! This is something I've heard about for as long as I've been blogging here, but I've never joined.

(It seemed very intense.)

By way of explaining what the heck this is, here's the official Bout of Books blurb:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Do I have some goals? Heck yes. They line up with my own goals for 2015, one of which is to read more and watch television (ok, Netflix) less.  So really, it was kismet that I saw this and am able to tag along for this round.

People get all sorts of stressed about what books you can read, how many, and so on and so on.  I am keeping things waaaay low stress on this side of the blogosphere, and just working towards "read more." If that doesn't align exactly with my BoB goals below, it aligns with my bigger goal for 2015. Win-win, right?

My goals are as follows:
  • Finish A Mercy by Toni Morrison 
  • Read half of The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri 
  • Read another chapter of Civilization: The West and the Rest by Niall Fergusun
That's it! I'll check in here (below) and via twitter and post something at the end of the week to check in on how it went.  

Bout of Books

Let's do it :)

Are you joining in this round of Bout of Books? Were you too intimidated to join? What are you reading this week?

Monday:
Pages read: 80
Book(s) read: The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

Tuesday:
Pages read: 90
Book(s) read: A Mercy by Toni Morrison

Wednesday:
Pages read: 43
Book(s) read: A Mercy by Toni Morrison (finished!), The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

Thursday:
Pages read: 65
Book(s) read: The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (read half of the book!), The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

Friday:
Pages read: 25
Book(s) read: Civilization: The West and the Rest by Niall Fergusun, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling

Saturday:
Pages read: 107
Book(s) read: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling

Sunday:
Pages read: ?
Book(s) read: 45 minutes of The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

Total Pages Read: 415+ (not sure how many pages on the audiobook!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!