Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July Reads

Jumping on the bandwagon! The books I've been reading lately have been less blogging-friendly - meaning, they're enormous and not likely to be finished in a few weeks.  But! There are three shorter reads I'm chugging through and hope to finish this month.**  Here they are:



Not My Father's Son, Alan Cumming.  This is a book I received from Harper Collins for a review, and I'm about a third of the way done with it.  I'm really fond of memoirs, so I'm excited to share my thoughts on this one with you (hopefully soon).










Blink, Malcolm Gladwell.  Fell a bit off the wagon with this one.  I'd started it in the winter/early spring, but life picked up and for whatever reason I stopped reading it.  I looked through it yesterday and realized I've got something like four chapters until I've finished, so it's back on the list! 








The Case of the Love Commandos, Tarquin Hall.  Finally, one from my summer reading list! The library didn't have any other books from this series, so I've started with the fourth, but I can't tell at all.  I'm loving it so far - the whole family of characters, the different places things are taking place in around India, the way the author decided to use dialect - it seems like a fantastic book.  I'm excited to go back and read the series from the beginning.






What are you reading this July? Go check out some great lists here and here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!