Monday, January 11, 2016

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

The Classics Club Challenge kept getting the backseat this year, and I finally decided to try again with something that seemed lighter on the list for 2016.  I went online and downloaded Watership Down by Richard Adams from the library.  So far, the tale of ragtag bunnies (written in 1972) has been exactly what I needed - a complete escape.

It has seemed like everything is completely backwards and upside down lately (even the weather), and it's been nice to sit back and escape into something completely separate.  Plus, it feels good to want to dive into one of the books on my list.

Truthfully, I haven't even looked at any blurbs - I'm too scared of finding a spoiler.  Isn't that silly? It's such a classic I just know they're out there, and I'm enjoying it too much.  Go check it out if you haven't read it already.

It's Monday - what are you reading? Have you made any headway on your Classics Club books or other 2016 reading challenges?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!