Wednesday, April 15, 2015

March in Review

Oh, gosh.  It's only the second full week of April, so I don't feel as though I've procrastinated too much for a month in review.  Let's get to it.  Outside of the blog, March was filled with a lot of travel, some fantastic events, a few tough decisions, and a lot of library time.  Inside the blog, I thought about what I wanted from this space, how I could make it happen, and got down to do a bunch of hard (but good) work.

So what went on?

Reviews (2):

I had a goal of posting two reviews per month, which I did! I also created a posting schedule, blogged ahead, and made changes to the way I engage with the book blogging community (aka, became less of a scaredy-cat about tweeting and commenting) - and I feel really good about all of it.


Finished (4):

Nonfiction was at the head of the line - it was one of my reading goals for 2015, and I'm proud of myself for making progress on it.  Through Everyday Reading, I discovered Laura Vanderkam's books, and then finally got to Nickel and Dimed, which was on my TBR for ages and ages.  Also, unplanned but pretty neat - all of the books I finished this month were written by women.

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
All The Money In The World: What the Happiest People Know About Getting and Spending by Laura Vanderkam

Begun (2):

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
Blanche Among The Talented Tenth by Barbara Neely

Changes:
Added a Reviews and a Benefits (of reading) page
Edited the New Here page
Fixed mobile issue

Overall, I'd say it was a good month. How was your March? Better still, how is your April coming along? If you do Month In Review posts, share in the comments below - I'd love to hear your take on them!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!