Monday, February 1, 2016

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hello from the beginning of another semester - we've made it through the first two weeks! I think a ginormous nap is in order.  Pleasure reading has snuck in here and there in the evenings and weekends, and these are the books that have been on rotation:



Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
I always forget about the completely out-of-left-field story break about Mormons in the middle of A Study in Scarlet.  Anybody know what that's about?! It trips me up and I put it down because I've lost interest.  I think I've read the first part about four times...here's hoping I'll burrow through and finally finish.

The Red Tent by Anita Diamond
A classic! Everyone says they've read it but I never had, so I took the time over the massive blizzard that took over the East Coast last weekend to hunker down and finally do it.  Man.  It definitely had me thinking, "Wait a minute...this...this did not happen in the Bible, right?" Right.  Glad to have finally read it.  Worth a read if you haven't, but I'm not sure I'd reread.

The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
I haven't actually started this one, but it's one I've been looking forward to for a LONG time.  I've heard many good reviews.  A "resonant tale of love, vengeance, and war" tucked into a journey across a land in ruins?? Can't go wrong...I hope.


It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!